[cgiapp] CAP::Authentication->redirect_after_login

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Jun 17 10:19:56 EDT 2010

> Hmmm... this sounds an awful lot like:
>
>   https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=45019
>
> where the "path_info" isn't properly set up if you're using URL rewriting via
> mod_rewrite, and as a result generated links thereafter aren't generated the
> way that you think they should be.
>
> Although you don't say you're using mod_rewrite in your config, this sounds a
> lot like this problem (which I've experienced ever since CGI.pm changed its
> behaviour w.r.t. this).
>
> Which reminds me... markstos... did you ever get any further discussion on
> this (and is it something we can ever hope to see fixed in CGI.pm)?

Graham,

I've re-opened this discussion in the CGI.pm bug tracker. I think there
is a reasonable chance we can see CGI.pm updated to address this. I
help maintain CGI.pm now, and Lincoln Stein has been very good about
approving whatever Yanick and I propose as the next release, although
there is often some time delay for Lincoln to actually get around to
upload the release. Technically, I can do that as well, but I always
like to have Lincoln's blessing when I can.

Thanks for bringing this up!

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .