[cgiapp] Internationalization with Locale::Maketext

Jani Hurskainen perl at jani-hur.net
Tue Jun 1 05:11:38 EDT 2010

To conclude this thread I've now an internationalization example that
uses CGI::Application::Plugin::I18N:

http://metsankulma.homelinux.net/cgi-bin/l10n_example_4/main.cgi

(source tarball download link should work this time from the beginning -
thanks to Anders to point that out).

I extract the translatable strings with xgettext.pl (a part of
Locale::Maketext::Lexicon) and mangle and edit them with GNU gettext
tools (including Emacs' PO Mode).

At the moment I'm more comfortable with CAP::I18N than plain
Locale::Maketext, so my future localizations will be based on
l10n_example_4.

On 05/27/2010 03:20 PM, Jani-Hur wrote:

> However now when I reload the test I found these warnings from Apache's
> error log:
>
> Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 24) line 1.
> Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 26) line 1.
> Use of uninitialized value $_[0] in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/share/perl/5.10/I18N/LangTags.pm line 398.

I don't get these warnings on my example. Could this be a file encoding
issue ?