[cgiapp] Internationalization with Locale::Maketext

Jani-Hur jani-hur at jani-hur.net
Thu May 27 08:20:15 EDT 2010

On 05/27/2010 12:45 PM, Jani-Hur wrote:

 > [CGI::Application::Plugin::I18N]
> I also tried to use $self->localtext_lang, but I got this error:
>
> Error executing run mode 'test': Can't locate object method "get_handle"
> via package "potest::I18N" (perhaps you forgot to load "potest::I18N"?)
> at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/CGI/Application/Plugin/I18N.pm line 271.

The problem was missing Locale::Maketext::Lexicon module. After the
installation the (CAP::I18N) example started to work as expected.

According to Locale::Maketext::Simple pod it can also work without
Locale::Maketext::Lexicon, but clearly not in this case. I have no idea
why and I'm not going to investigate that (as I think I'm going too far
from my plan).

However now when I reload the test I found these warnings from Apache's
error log:

Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 24) line 1.
Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 26) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $_[0] in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl/5.10/I18N/LangTags.pm line 398.

And when I pass the locale value I get these warnings:

Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 25) line 1.
Unrecognized escape \p passed through at (eval 27) line 1.