[cgiapp] Running a plain CGI::Application as FastCGI / PSGI

Benjamin Hitz hitz at genome.stanford.edu
Thu May 20 12:31:42 EDT 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 8:34 PM, Mark Rajcok wrote:

> Regarding the database connections, see
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AY-OcCA2-lySZGQzNjNmZzlfNzdnYjRoZGg3Yg&hl=en#FastCGI_8880821961767984

Yes, basically what I did.  We had a very specific weird issue with Oracle, however.
The user connecting to the DB had an 8 hour time out.  If the fcgi app WAS NOT USED for ca. 8 hours, the db connection via DBI->connect_cached
would get "hung" in a state that would respond to ping but keep throwing ORA- errors "user not logged in".    We eventually trapped this error and restarted the app... that kinda worked.  Removing the timeout limit on the Oracle user worked better! <grin>

Ben
--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO Consortium
Stanford University ** hitz at genome.stanford.edu