[cgiapp] Running a plain CGI::Application as FastCGI / PSGI

Ben Hitz hitz at genome.stanford.edu
Thu May 13 11:38:06 EDT 2010

I don't think CGI::Application::FastCGI works.  It's relatively
trivial to convert your controller script to Fast CGI.

It's basically this:
use CGI::Fast();

use MyCGI::Application::Class;

while(my $q = CGI::Fast->new) {
     my $app = MyCGI::Application::Class->new(QUERY => $q)
						       );
     $app->run;
}

Add any other parameters (template path, etc) to the constructor as
usual.

You have to be a little careful with how you handle your database
connections.

Ben

--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO
Stanford University ** hitz at genome.stanford.edu