[cgiapp] CGI::Application::Dispatch Question

Brad Van Sickle bvs7085 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:09:38 EDT 2010

I've been playing around with CGI::Application::Dispatch and figuring
out how to use it to replicate the rewrite rules I'm using in
mod_rewrite for Apache.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to
replicate a specific URL rewriting case where I'm trying to dispatch a
static defined part of the URI to a variable.

example:
I have the URI - /Home and I want to translate that to rm=Content and
populate the $self->param('Session') "variable" with "Home"  Today I
simply use mod_rewrite to translate that URI into
/index.pl?rm=Content&Section=Home and then pull the section out of the
cgi query string, rather than $self with $cgi->param("Section").

Looking through the docs I'm not able to find a way to replicate that
behavior with CGI::Application::Dispatch.  Is there a CGI::App::Dispatch
solution for this?