[cgiapp] Future of the wiki

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sat Apr 3 21:34:39 EDT 2010

Hi Mark

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 23:58 -0500, Mark Rajcok wrote:
> I don't think we should write a CGI-App-based wiki for the following
> reasons:

Agreed.

> In summary, I'd rather switch to a more feature rich wiki (I don't care if
> it's written in Perl), and have all of the people who were willing to spend
> time writing a new CGI-App-based wiki instead spend their time writing a
> more useful reference app, or write some useful pages on the new wiki!

I'm with you. It's a monumental job to write a wiki, and it's just
reinventing the wheel.

See e.g. http://foswiki.org/ for a sophisticated Perl-based wiki.

I've just installed it at home, in order to teach myself how to install
it on a VPS (i.e. hosted) web site.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html