[cgiapp] Security, Authentication and Authorization for CGI::App

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sat Mar 6 18:06:19 EST 2010

Hi Brad

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 10:56 -0500, Brad Van Sickle wrote:
> I'd like to get the list's opinion on some security practices for
> CGI::Application.
>
> In a lot of my applications I'm noticing that I need to "secure" things
> at many different levels and this is resulting in me having a security
> infrastructure that is very spread out and hard to manage/change.

A number of years ago, perhaps 4 - 8?, I read an article by IIRC a Perl
programmer, who presented a complete database schema specifically
designed to handle users and their roles. I was astonished by the
complexity of his solution, but can't say that there was anything wrong
with the logic.

Ie spent a hour or so yesterday trying to find it (including booting
Windows to check some old docs), but I haven't been able to find it.

If anyone knows what I so vaguely referring to, please post a URL.

TIA.
ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html