[cgiapp] Dancer

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Thu Feb 25 20:48:10 EST 2010

P Kishor wrote:
> So, my question is thus -- how is Dancer different from CGI::App, and
> why should I use the latter instead of the former? I asked this not
> lightly because I have many years of experience invested in C::A, but
> Dancer truly shows how apps should be.

I've taken a quick look at Dancer, haven't played with it yet. It
certainly has some interesting things going on. I think when I play with
the code I'll be aiming to pull some things into my cgi-app based
superclass. I like the way cgi-app does things, I like the way Dancer
simplifies some things. I like the statement from Mark (I think, correct
me) that cgi-app is a good framework for creating frameworks. I'm
building my own cgi-app based superclass for my software, I see Dancers
simplicity will likely become a problem for the kinds of things I'm
wanting to do, but that isn't to say that I can't incorporate some of
the ideas into my superclass.
  Dancer recent came up on Bristol and Bath perl moungers
(http://perl.bristolbath.org), Nigel mentioned a couple of other
frameworks Mojo and Tatsumaki. I haven't looked at them yet, but if you
are looking at Dancer, it's probably worth checking them out as well.

Lyle