[cgiapp] Dancer

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:51:40 EST 2010

following Mark Stosberg's email about PSGI, I decided to poke around a
bit more, and landed up with Dancer. Color me very impressed.

Seriously, I have seldom experienced such easy *everything*. Almost
instant installation via 'sudo cpan Dancer', a simple 'dancer -a
myapp', and I had a working, nice looking application framework [*]
with nice URIs and ev'ryting.

So, my question is thus -- how is Dancer different from CGI::App, and
why should I use the latter instead of the former? I asked this not
lightly because I have many years of experience invested in C::A, but
Dancer truly shows how apps should be.

[*] can something so simple to setup and run be actually called a framework?

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org