[cgiapp] RFC: first-class support for PSGI in CGI::Application

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Fri Feb 12 17:28:29 EST 2010

Hi Mark

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 12:23 -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:
[snip]
> The change in CGI::Application would be a new simple "run_as_psgi()" method that returns
> a result in the format required by the PSGI protocol.  I already have a working patch
> for this in my darcs repo, and you can review the new POD for the method below.
[snip]

I think this is a marvellous suggestion.

I've tried reading the PSGI docs a number of times, but my head swims
because of the quantity of apparently-disparate modules.

What I'd like is to see /how to/ convert a
CGI::Application::Dispatch-based script into a *::PSGI, including
configuring the web server.

I don't want a statement: It can be done. I'm sure it can be done, but a
step-by-step recipe is what I'm after.

And I don't want to be hammered with a list of possibilities. I want (to
start with) just one way which actually works.

I'm prepared to document more formally the process and add it to the
Plack/PSGI website [1].

So, can anyone point me in the direction of such instructions?

[1] http://plackperl.org/

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html