[cgiapp] Future of the wiki

Alex capfan at gmx.de
Thu Feb 4 19:29:03 EST 2010

"By having a chance to create something from scratch, it can
be built to be lean and spare, with all that is required and nothing
that isn't."

Speaking of that, I have some code here that implements basic bulletin board
functionality. It was only an experiment to test how DBIC::Schema works. I
will probably rework it to use DBIx::Class. It's damn slow (no caching, no
optimization of database access, no use of FastCGI etc.) and there are
working sites everywhere, but it ships with some kind of requirement
definition :)
I spent something about a week('s evenings) to implement the front end
(including the hassle applying the design to it, which I will never use
again) and 3 or 4 weeks more to implement the administrative backend.

There is a demo here:
http://alex.intergastro-service.de/cgi-bin/bulletinboard/bb.cgi

I don't think, given a proper requirement definition and some project
management, it would take much longer, if such a board would be coded by
users of CGI::Application.

Alex