[cgiapp] Future of the wiki

Alex capfan at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 10:31:46 EST 2010

Hi!

Regarding the point to authenticate a user as wiki editor after x posts,
there is another, more work intensive way to do this, I came across these
days in the internet. The forum of apfeltalk.de offers a small area where
everyone can post & edit threads and where anything is automatically deleted
after 14 days. The other, bigger area is for registered and activated users
only. You have to shorly introduce yourself, answer a few questions (e.g.
what do you use your mac for) and then the account gets activated.

As it seems like a lot of work, I would not throw the idea away that quick.
You can do such activation procedure for the "be a wiki editor" - part only.
So users can use the forum as usual, but can edit the wiki only after they
introduced themselves.
Hth, Alex