[cgiapp] CGI::Application wiki page Examples updated by MarkStosberg

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Jan 28 21:48:38 EST 2010

Hi Mark,

Mark Fuller wrote:
 > Would it make sense to have a mailing list specific to these wiki page
 > notices? Allowing folks who don't want to receive them could opt out?

The idea was that the 315 subscribers to this mailing list are the only
people in the world with the slightest motivation to delete spam from
the wiki and, since its not a terribly thriving, active wiki, even we
members of the cgiapp community don't visit it all that much.

So my hope was that by having these messages come to the list would
remind people that the Wiki exists, "ping" them that people contribute
to it, and maybe spark enough curiosity that someone checks to see what
was edited, and in the process, is able to find and fix spam.

It's my last attempt to save the Wiki.  If it continues to be used more
by spammers than the community, then it is not really worth the time and
trouble involved in continuing to operate it.  If, as I hope, these
messages help spur the community to step up and contribute and help
maintain and police the thing, then we'll be able to continue to have a
Wiki for the foreseeable future!

> It's not a big deal. I've created a filter to delete them on arrival.
>
> Mark

Glad these messages will not continue to annoy you, and I'm sorry if
you're not interested in knowing when the Wiki it is updated and helping
take out the trash when those updates turn out to be spam.

Of course if no one want to see these messages I'll turn them off.  I
just don't look forward to cleaning out hundreds of spams again, and
don't know who will help prevent that, if not this community.

-dave