[cgiapp] CGI::Simple as replacement for CGI not working?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 16:18:53 EST 2009

ron at savage.net.au wrote:
> Hi Richard
>

> Quoting "Richard Jones" <ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk>:
>
>> App working fine with default CGI, but decided to see if it works with
>> CGI::Simple using the cgiapp_get_query() override. But instead of
>> rendering the page I get a popup: 'you have chosen to open
>> myapp_server.pl which is a Perl script ... what should Firefox do with
>> this file'. I can't fathom where the problem lies. Anyone been there before?
>
> My guess is that when you saved your edits, the execute bit on the
> file was turned off.

Hi Ron,

Good idea but it can't be that as it's an actively developed app which
has edits saved many times per day. And in fact I'm using
CGI::App:Dispatch and CGI::App::Server so the MyApp.pm part (where the
cgiapp_get_query method sits) isn't executable anyway. Maybe something
to do with CAD?
--
Richard Jones