[cgiapp] proposal for new cgiapp hook: loaded_html_tmpl

Alex capfan at gmx.de
Wed Nov 11 19:52:26 EST 2009

> > This is a pathetic argument!
>
> If die_on_bad_params makes it harder for designers to use and less like
> the tools they are used to using, how can that be a "pathetic" argument.
>
> > Just because X is non-strict does not justify refusing to use strict
> > in Y, when the whole point of strictness is to help improve software
> > reliability.
>
> Looking back at all of my projects that use HTML::Template I can
> honestly say that die_on_bad_params has caused more problems then it's
> fixed for me. It's not an argument against reliability but rather for
> it. If a valid template change causes an ISE (rather than just an
> invalid display) I'd say your software is less reliable. You now need a
> developer to fix what was supposed to be a design problem.

That ist he argument I always hear from people not using strict when getting
the advice to use strict. Of course, if no strict was used, using strict
causes problems, e.g. by aborting for each non declared variable. But that
is not the point. The point is, to avoid errors and bugs and unvorseen
behavior by using strict in the first place.