[cgiapp] proposal for new cgiapp hook: loaded_html_tmpl

ron at savage.net.au ron at savage.net.au
Wed Nov 11 17:02:59 EST 2009

Hi Michael

Quoting "Michael Peters" <mpeters at plusthree.com>:

> On 11/11/2009 10:46 AM, P Kishor wrote:
>
>> I use it exclusively, under the assumption that, like 'use strict', it
>> is just best practice,
>
> But a real question I have is, should designers (who are the ones
> creating these, or at least that's one of it's benefits is that they
> can) be burdened with "strict" when the environment they operate in
> (HTML, CSS) is inherently not "strict".

This is a pathetic argument!

Just because X is non-strict does not justify refusing to use strict
in Y, when the whole point of strictness is to help improve software
reliability.

I.e. it's not a case of less strictness is better, but rather, more is
- without being fanatical of course...

Strictness is not the burden, bugs are :-).