[cgiapp] test namespace for CGI::Application

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Oct 23 14:24:14 EDT 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:47:05 +0200
"Alex" <capfan at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear all!
>
> I recently polluated another cpan root namespace by including a test
> application in a dist. That's bad. I wonder if there isn't a test namespace
> in the CGI::Application namespace itself. So anyone releasing a plugin with
> a test application could use this namespace.
>
> CGI::Application::TestApps is what I was thinking of.
> What do you think of this?

Alex,

I believe the correct answer is to make sure a META.yml file is generated that includes "t/lib" as one of the values for "no_index":

http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec-v1.4.html#no_index

You'll have to see the docs for your tools that generate the META.yml on how to specify this.

If I understand correctly, any name space should be fine when this method is used.