[cgiapp] another oddity installing CGI::Application::Dispatch

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:47:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Michael Peters <mpeters at plusthree.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/2009 08:10 PM, P Kishor wrote:
>
>> What I don't like about the above is that the build script tried to
>> futz with my Apache conf file (setting ulimit, which, on a Mac OS X
>> machine, actually is problematic), and then tried to restart my Apache
>> server (if I am reading the above output correctly).
>
> Dispatch runs under normal CGI and mod_perl (and needs to do different
> things under each) so it needs to run it's tests against mod_perl. This
> is done with Apache::Test, which does all it can to start Apache
> w/mod_perl (hence the ulimit juggling).

I will look into the other errors, but the above is not advised on Mac
OS X. ulimit setting has a problem on Mac OS X, and is best removed.
(lots of Google hits on this subject).

Another thing -- perhaps a prompt would be advised here saying that
"We are going to change your Apache conf file, and your Apache server
is going to be restarted. Type [restart] to continue, or [cancel the
test] to skip the test." The default should be [cancel the test].

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org