[cgiapp] size of scripts and dependencies

gvim gvimrc at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:34:18 EDT 2009

Michael Graham wrote:
> A bare Catalyst test app has about 87K lines.
>
> After you add all the plugins and support modules listed the tutorial
> (DBIx::Class, Template Toolkit, Session, Authentication, Authorization,
> FormFu) you're up to around 170K lines.
>

> Michael

The fact that Titanium isn't quite as bloated as Catalyst offers no comfort to anyone who turned to CGI::Application as an anitdote to Catalyst dependency hell. All I'm saying is that Titanium may be  heading in the same direction re dependencies which impacts deployment. I still haven't been able to get Titanium to install on  OS X 10.5.8 / Perl 5.8.8 due to a circular dependency on a module loader plugin.

gvim