[cgiapp] Re: Powered by logos

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Sep 3 16:12:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:54:56 +0100
NP Bamber <np.bamber at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> These logos are a vast improvement in terms of professional look. But I
> have some questions. Is the intention to settle on either the "cgi-app"
> wording or the "titanium" wording?

Technically, Titanium is a superset of CGI::Application plus some
plugins. Titanium as a word seems far better in terms of marketing and
branding, though.

It would be possible to create an alias for the name CGI::Application in
the Titanium name space,like "Titanium::Base", but don't take that as a
formal suggestion. Titanium is just one vision of what can be built on
top of CGI::Application. Someone else could easily combine their own
combination of CGI::Application and different favorite plugins, and
publish that with a different name.

"Titanium::Base" and CGI::Application could both exist on CPAN and mean
the same thing in terms of the code they represent. The aliasing would
more clearly allow the word "Titanium" to represent projects that are
based on CGI::Application, but not necessarily Titanium. The reason to
do that would be if CGI::Application users would like the possibility
using the Titanium name, logo and branding to represent
CGI::Application-based projects not built on the full "Titanium" stack.