[cgiapp] CGI::App-based code and web servers

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Fri Aug 21 11:16:24 EDT 2009

Ron Savage wrote:

> And, what do people feel about these modules?

Smolder uses H::S::S (via CGI::Application::Server) and it worked great for
development but when it was deployed it would just hang several times during the
day. So I needed to restart it all the time.

Smolder now uses H::S::S + Net::Server::Prefork which not only performs better
but also seems to be more stable (but I did receive a report of it crashing
after about a week of running).

So if you go this route, definitely use N::S::P with it, but don't expect the
stability or performance of what you'd get from Apache. The big benefit though
is that they are Perl and can be installed from CPAN, which means that now
Smolder can be installed from CPAN.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP