[cgiapp] CGI::Prototype - develop cgi applications by subclassing

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:26:50 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Lyle <webmaster at cosmicperl.com> wrote:

> Jason Purdy wrote:
>
>> With new advances in Perl OO, we ask what would allow us to leverage that?
>>>

>> For the goodness sake, let's please not base cgiapp on Moose. I have
>> plenty of instance scripts in production that would not be able to support
>> it.
>>
>> Can you elaborate on the new advances and what you'd like to see
>> CGI::Application do?
>>
>> - Jason
>>

> I choose cgi-app because of it's small number of Pure Perl dependencies,
> making it very fast and lightweight. Adding moose would effect this a lot.
> Saying that there is no reason you couldn't create a new superclass based on
> cgi-app that uses moose.

I agree in full.  One of the main attractions of CGIApp is that it still
works without being persistent.  There are ideas on how to make Moose load
fast in environments that are non-persistent, but until those are
implemented Moose + CGIApp (in the library) is a bad idea.

--
fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com