[cgiapp] Re: error subclassing CGIApp

Alex capfan at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 15:10:00 EDT 2009

But, using setup for authentication is, as far as I could get it from the docs, the wrong place to do it. Use cgiapp_prerun instead.

There are some slides showing this at http://cgiapp.erlbaum.net/index.cgi?ArticlesAndTutorials
I used this and made a working template for testing purposes. See the following code.

HTH, Alex

[code]
#!/usr/bin/perl

package CatcherInTheRye;

use strict;
use warnings;
use base qw/CGI::Application/;

use CGI::Application::Plugin::Forward;
use CGI::Application::Plugin::Redirect;
use CGI::Application::Plugin::ValidateRM;
use CGI::Application::Plugin::ConfigAuto (qw/cfg/);
use CGI::Application::Plugin::DBH (qw/dbh_config dbh/);

# for development
use CGI::Application::Plugin::DBIProfile;

use Data::Dumper qw/Dumper/;

=head1 NAME

CatcherInTheRye - Perl extension for blah blah blah

=head1 SYNOPSIS

  use CatcherInTheRye;
  blah blah blah

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Stub documentation for CatcherInTheRye, created by h2xs. It looks like the
author of the extension was negligent enough to leave the stub
unedited.

Blah blah blah.

=head2 EXPORT

None by default.

=head1 METHODS

=cut

=head2 cgiapp_init()

Open database connection, setup config files, etc.

=cut

sub cgiapp_init {
	my $self = shift;

    # Set some defaults for DFV unless they already exist.
    $self->param('dfv_defaults') ||
        $self->param('dfv_defaults', {
                missing_optional_valid => 1,
                filters => 'trim',
                msgs => {
                    any_errors => 'some_errors',
                    prefix     => 'err_',
                    invalid    => 'Invalid',
                    missing    => 'Missing',
                    format => '<span class="dfv-errors">%s</span>',
                },
        });

} # /cgiapp_init

=head2 setup()

Defined runmodes, etc.

=cut

sub setup {
	my $self = shift;

	$self->start_mode('start');
	$self->run_modes([qw/
		start
	/]);

} # /setup

=head2 cgiapp_prerun()

We know what the runmode will be. Do we want to do anything about it?

=over
=item Authentication?
=item Authorization?
=item Redirection?
=back

=cut

sub cgiapp_prerun {
	my $self = shift;
} # /cgiapp_prerun

=head2 cgiapp_get_query()

Bote: uploads are disabled by default in CGI::Simple.

=cut

sub cgiapp_get_query {
	require CGI::Simple;
	my $q = new CGI::Simple;
	return $q;
} # /cgiapp_get_query

=head2 start()

=cut

sub start {
	my $self 	= shift;

	return 'start';
} # /start

=head2 cgiapp_postrun()

Output manipulation:

=over
=item add common header/footer?
=item Cleanup your HTML?
=item Rewrite URLs?
=back

=cut

sub cgiapp_postrun {
	my $self = shift;
	my $output = shift;

} # /cgiapp_postrun

=head2 teardown()

Close database connections (if not persistant), flush out session storage, etc.

=cut

sub teardown {
	my $self = shift;

} # /teardown

=head1 SEE ALSO

Mention other useful documentation such as the documentation of
related modules or operating system documentation (such as man pages
in UNIX), or any relevant external documentation such as RFCs or
standards.

If you have a mailing list set up for your module, mention it here.

If you have a web site set up for your module, mention it here.

=head1 AUTHOR

A. U. Thor, E<lt>a.u.thor at a.galaxy.far.far.awayE<gt>

=head1 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE

Copyright (C) 2009 by A. U. Thor

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or,
at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available.

=cut

1;

use strict;
use warnings;