[cgiapp] recovering from server exploit / site redesign moving forward

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Jul 31 09:32:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:20:14 -0400
David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > [...] the wiki is currently returning a technical error page. I've notified
> > Jesse about this now, and when I have am able to remember my password on that
> > machine again, I may be able to fix such issues myself in the future.
>
> It looks as if someone was able to exploit Kwiki and upload some
> PHP-based malware to the server that has been poking around at our box
> for a few week -- niiiice.
>
> I'm checking for rootkits now.

Thanks for helping with that Dave.

I have had some interest in moving away from Kwiki, and this event only
accelerates that. (Although I still don't have a clear path of what
other wiki we should migrate to).

Somewhat related to that, the website redesign project is ready to move
forward, but I need a password reset on that box to regain FTP&SSH access.
We may also want to give another trusted developer access as part of the
update. We can email further about this privately.

Thanks for your help with this!