[cgiapp] CGIApp + FastCGI

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Mon Jun 15 20:35:01 EDT 2009

Hi Jeff

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 13:44 -0300, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> Hi,
[snip]
> The Perl FastCGI module I am using with my application is
> CGI::Application::FastCGI

But why are you using that module? There is an outstanding RT ticket:

which could well apply to your situation.

As an alternative, perhaps consider using FCGI::ProcManager directly.
Sample code is provided in the distro for
CGI::Application::Demo::Dispatch.

Admittedly, my module has not been stress-tested, but since it uses
CGI::Application::Dispatch to create a new instance of your app on each
submit, it surely circumvents the problems mentioned in the ticket
above, and should therefore avoid the problems you are having.

Of course, there could be /other/ bugs in your code too :-)).

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html