[cgiapp] CGIApp + FastCGI

Benjamin Hitz hitz at genome.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 15 13:25:46 EDT 2009

We have a couple pages that use CGIApp/FastCGI.  I believe that we
stopped using CGI::Application:FastCGI, it's a little buggy, although
I cannot say for sure that this is the issue you get with many
processes.  Also, it doesn't really do anything.  I can't even tell
you how I replaced by looking at my App... it can't be more than a
couple lines of code.

We have one outstanding issue which is Oracle DB connection related.
If we have an app that doesn't get any hits for a long time (> default
TIMEOUT) then the Oracle connect goes stale, and the CGI:App cannot
recover, and the process has to be killed or apache server bumped.

Ben

--
Ben Hitz
Senior Scientific Programmer ** Saccharomyces Genome Database ** GO
Stanford University ** hitz at genome.stanford.edu