[cgiapp] packages autouse?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 19:14:09 EDT 2009

P Kishor wrote:
[..]

> Hi Rhesa, CAP::RunmodeDeclare looks very interesting. I actually used
> CAP::AutoRunmode successfully, but I remember seeing a thread on this
> mailing list itself about CAP::AutoRunmode causing problems under
> certain circumstances, particularly under mod_perl.

Perhaps you were referring to this one:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.openlib.org/msg07094.html

If so, it turned out to be a combination of some of the older C::A
plugin versions and some self-inflicted errors in my code which made it
appear that AutoRunmode was not working in a persistent environment. See
here for more details:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.openlib.org/msg07144.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@lists.openlib.org/msg07180.html

AutoRunmode works fine under mod_perl - at least it does for me.
--
Richard Jones