[cgiapp] Re: CGI::Application mailing list is evolving

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Wed May 6 14:31:25 EDT 2009

Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> Please disregard.
>>

> Yes, I apologize for the premature announcement. Let me take is opportunity to
> reframe the conversation, after speaking with Jesse who has now repaired the
> original mailing list.
>
> Performance issues aside, I think it's time that we consider moving to a next
> generation mailing-list / group-collaboration platform, and I'd like your input
> on what that is, or what features it has.
>
> Lyle Hopkins is offering one solution that is ready to go and I linked to earlier:
> http://lists.perlportal.com/sympa/info/cgiapp
>
> It provides a number of features including built-in archiving, web-based list
> management, RSS feeds, web-based posting and more. It's also written in Perl,
> with parts done in CGI::Application.

Sympa is written in Perl, but there was a little confusion in my email
as it doesn't use CGI::Application. What I was saying was that the site
www.perlportal.com (not yet live) will be using a new CGI::Application
based CMS.

I vote to use a Perl based system, and Sympa is certainly the best one.
The PerlPortal project aims to address the issue of out dated and ageing
Perl sites, providing modern, new, Perl powered alternatives. It would
be great if the CGI::Application mailing list was a part of this. More
details about the PerlPortal.com project are here http://wiki.perlportal.com

Lyle