[cgiapp] Re: CGI::Application mailing list is evolving

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed May 6 14:02:01 EDT 2009

> Please disregard.

Yes, I apologize for the premature announcement. Let me take is opportunity to
reframe the conversation, after speaking with Jesse who has now repaired the
original mailing list.

Performance issues aside, I think it's time that we consider moving to a next
generation mailing-list / group-collaboration platform, and I'd like your input
on what that is, or what features it has.

Lyle Hopkins is offering one solution that is ready to go and I linked to earlier:
http://lists.perlportal.com/sympa/info/cgiapp

It provides a number of features including built-in archiving, web-based list
management, RSS feeds, web-based posting and more. It's also written in Perl,
with parts done in CGI::Application.

We could also consider a "commodity" platform like a "Google Group" or similar.

Which features are important to you? Are there particular services you
recommend?  We'll gather input for a few days and make a decision.

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .