[cgiapp] Re: bizarre TAP::Parser behavior

fREW Schmidt frioux at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:17:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> On 4 May 2009, at 05:21, fREW Schmidt wrote:
> > I have written a small module that will turn TAP into color coded
> > html.  It seems to work fine when I run it from a special standalone
> > service, but if I run it directly inside of a CGI::Application
> > controller the output never actually gets parsed.  It's extremely
> > strange: if I run the TAP somehow ends up being the output of
> > running some apache related binary (it outputs a bunch of help on
> > what switches to use etc.)
>
> Can we see that output please?

Ok, here's the output from CAS:

FrewSchmidt2 [10185] ~/personal/web_critic % perl
../web_test/bin/webserver.pl
CGI::Application::Server: You can connect to your server at
http://localhost:5052/
1..5
ok 1 - use WebTest::Tester;
ok 2 - didn't pass directory into constructor
ok 3 - new() works
ok 4 - get_directory() works
not ok 5 - should find errors in test file
#   Failed test 'should find errors in test file'
#   at /home/frew/personal/web_test/t/critic.t line 24.
#     Structures begin differing at:
#          $got = ''
#     $expected = ARRAY(0x8ebaec0)
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 5.
1..1
ok 1 - hello_world should have a sane result

And then the following gets put in the apache error log:

# Usage: apache2 [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
#                [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
#                [-k start|restart|graceful|graceful-stop|stop]
#                [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-t] [-S] [-X]
#   -D name            : define a name for use in <IfDefine name> directives
#   -d directory       : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
#   -f file            : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
#   -C "directive"     : process directive before reading config files
#   -c "directive"     : process directive after reading config files
#   -e level           : show startup errors of level (see LogLevel)
#   -E file            : log startup errors to file
#   -v                 : show version number
#   -V                 : show compile settings
#   -h                 : list available command line options (this page)
#   -l                 : list compiled in modules
#   -L                 : list available configuration directives
#   -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS  : show parsed settings (currently only vhost
settings)
#   -S                 : a synonym for -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
#   -t -D DUMP_MODULES : show all loaded modules
#   -M                 : a synonym for -t -D DUMP_MODULES
#   -t                 : run syntax check for config files
#   -X                 : debug mode (only one worker, do not detach)

Any ideas?

--
fREW Schmidt
http://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com