[cgiapp] Re: Installing CGI::Application::Dispatch

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Apr 21 13:42:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:07:26 -0300
Paulo_odos <pcortizo at odos.com.br> wrote:

> Dears, even at risk of proposing an off-topic, I'd like to know your
> opinion about this question. I consider the CGI::Application a gorgeous
> framework. It creates the "Best of the Worlds" connecting the MVC model
> with the CGI simplicity. In my opinion this is particularly valuable
> when you wish to use it in hosts with shared servers. This possibility
> extends considerably its use at the Internet because perl has a
> perl-efficient platform for internet begginers.
> Congratulations to all involved.
>
> The only thing we need is to install the modules required in the host.
> The biggers hosts, those which provide Linux with shell access and perl,
> allow some kind of automated installation. In my case, through CPanel
> BlueHost remains the options of:
>
> i) install a module
> ii) remove a module
> iii) update a module to the last version
>
> I Installed the CGI::Application (4.21) and lots of plugins without
> problems.
>
> The CGI::Application::Dispatch installed was requesting the module
> correctly but wasn't sendind the right parameters, so I decided to
> update it. Unfortunnately it cannot install the version 2.16 or
> reinstall the old version.
>
> The BlueHost support doesn't help enough, they said that what I can't
> install through CPanel just cannot be used.
>
> I wonder if anyone has any tips to help, other than change the host.
>
> Below is the report of the attempt to install. Despite they said that
> the modules below are pre-requisites not installed they are installed.
>
> Test::LongString
> CGI::Application
> Exception::Class
> Exception::Class::TryCatch

Besides being a CGI::Application contributor, I also provide cPanel hosting.
That means I'm interested for a solution, it unfortunately doesn't mean I know
exactly why this is failing. You should FTP access to where the Perl modules are installed.

Manually placing CGI/Application/Dispatch.pm in the right directory via FTP
should fix the issue.