[cgiapp] Proposed new look and branding for cgi-app.org

Leonard leonard at umn.edu
Fri Apr 17 11:51:46 EDT 2009

I really like the look and feel.

However something buged me about the left nav, and I couldn't put my
finger on it, and my co-worker helped me figure it out. It doesn't have
a 'how to get' section. He was surprised that Titanium had been released
and that he could use it today. At that point he figured he could get it
from CPAN, but we really need to have a 'how to get' or 'download' section.

My co-worker had other confusions with the site, like what are the
differences between plugins and modules?
The 'Ti' icon at the top looked like an iPhone application icon, (is
this really that bad?)
He also felt that the left nav could be reorganized to make better
sense, with the examples at the top, where/how to get and plugins
second, third would be tutorials, and fourth would be best
practices/modules.

I asked his input as a programmer who didn't know what Titanium or
CGI::App was.

I hope this helps.

Leonard Miller