[cgiapp] Proposed new look and branding for cgi-app.org

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Apr 14 22:06:52 EDT 2009

Lyle Hopkins has generously worked with me to prepare this proposed redesign
for cgi-app.org. I'm interested in your feedback before moving forward:

http://cosmicsitedesign.com/cgi-app/

It should go without saying that the image rights will be purchased to remove
the watermark, and we'll get some real text for the page. :) I'm personally
very pleased with the design and see it has a huge step forward.

The update addresses long standing complaints about the genericness of the name
"CGI::Application" or that the project name includes "CGI" at all.  The words
"CGI::Application" also just hard to create a brand and marketing materials
around.  So the update emphasises the Titanium name and branding, although all
the content will generally continue to refer to CGI::Application and related
plugins as it does now.

I realize Titanium is just one possible direction to go with CGI::Application,
but overall I think it's a better name to brand and market around than
CGI::Application.

After collecting community feedback, I'll continue work with Lyle on
refinements, and then we'll work on getting the design applied to the current
wiki content.

Thanks for your input, and thanks again to Lyle for making this possible.

http://mark.stosberg.com/