[cgiapp] CAP::Authentication install failure on Perl 5.10 ?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 10:40:04 EDT 2009

Has anyone successfully installed CAP::Authentication under Perl 5.10?
It's failed for me on two separate Ubuntu Intrepid platforms, and I
assume it's a Perl 5.10 issue, as recent installs on other Ubuntu
platforms running Perl 5.8.8 have all been fine.

All failures happen in t/02_config.t - here's an example:

#   Failed test 'config dies when LOGOUT_RUNMODE is passed a hashref' at
t/02_config.t line 70.
# expecting: Regexp ((?-xism:parameter LOGOUT_RUNMODE is not a string))
# found: panic: attempt to copy freed scalar 86bb3c0 to 8638e70 at
/usr/share/perl/5.10/Carp/Heavy.pm line 96.

and near-identical output for:
Failed test 'config dies when POST_LOGIN_RUNMODE is passed a hashref'
Failed test 'config dies when POST_LOGIN_CALLBACK is passed a hashref'
Failed test 'config dies when POST_LOGIN_CALLBACK is passed a string'
Failed test 'config dies when RENDER_LOGIN is passed a hashref'
etc

also:
#   Failed test 'config dies when LOGIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT recieves an
unparsable string' at t/02_config.t line 114.
# expecting: Regexp ((?-xism:parameter LOGIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT is not a
valid time string))
# found: Bizarre copy of HASH in sassign at
/usr/share/perl/5.10/Carp/Heavy.pm line 96.

I'm not sure whether this is a CAP::Auth or a Carp/Carp::Heavy issue.
Any thoughts?
--
Richard Jones