[cgiapp] Re: [OT] HTML::Parser::PurePerl

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Feb 26 17:59:43 EST 2009

Hi Mark

Also, in case you missed it on 'use Perl', mir is going to work on
HTML::Parser::Simple::XPath, based on XML::XPathEngine.

Synergy++.

Also, the next version (unreleased) has an xhtml => 0|1 param to new()
to activate a little bit of support for XHTML. From the POD:

Warning: XHTML is not handled. Use of this option is not recommended.
The only XHTML changes to this code, so far, are:

=item Accept the XML declaration

E.g.: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

=item Accept attribute names containing the ':' char

E.g.: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"
lang="en">.

Any other advice people have on supporting XHTML will be gratefully
received.

I don't expect my module will ever support combining XHTML with alien
namespaces. The XHTML docs [1] give MathML as an example, in section
3.1.2, but that introduces an unlimited number of other legal tags,
which I believe it is impossible to support.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xhtml1-20020801/

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html