[cgiapp] Re: CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication posthook

Terrence Brannon tbrannon at insuranceagents.com
Thu Feb 26 09:12:34 EST 2009

I just looked at the code for CGIapp::Plugin::Authentication and noticed
that it does not pass the authentication instance object to the driver.

This means that the generic driver cannot manipulate that object in the
authentication process or in a post-authentication process.

Here is the line in CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication in which the
driver is called:

      foreach my $driver ($self->drivers) {
            if (my $username = $driver->verify_credentials(@credentials)) {

I would like to see the call to verify_credentials provide the
authentication object as well the cgiapp object.

Then it will be easy for me to store the user id in a subroutine written
using the generic driver.

in the meantime What I can do is subclass
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication and add a userid method similar to
the username method