[cgiapp] Re: [OT] HTML::Parser::PurePerl

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Feb 19 17:09:00 EST 2009

Hi Mark

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 11:40 -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:54:44 +1100
> Ron Savage <ron at savage.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks
> >
> > OK. I've got this going, but it just reads and writes files.
> >
> > I'm thinking of storing the tags in a tree, thereby allowing a visit()
> > method.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a pure Perl tree manager?
>
> I have never used one, but Tree::Simple seems like a reasonable starting
> place. That module also tries to explain the pros and cons of other
> tree modules:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~stevan/Tree-Simple-1.18/lib/Tree/Simple.pm#OTHER_TREE_MODULES
>
>     Mark

The docs for Tree::Simple say, a couple of times, that it is pure Perl.
However, it is not.

Here is an extract from the docs for my new module:

<==8><==>
=item Why did you use Tree::DAG_Node?

One constraint (design goal) was a pure Perl HTML parser.

Tree, for example, uses Scalar::Util, which uses List::Util, which uses
XS.

Tree::Simple has the same drawback.
<==8><==>

ron at savage.net.au