[cgiapp] Best email module?

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Tue Feb 17 12:38:03 EST 2009

Lyle wrote:

>> Peter Karman wrote:
>>> I like Email::Stuff
>>
>> I was very impressed with this. But it looks like it's got some XS
>> dependencies (although checking the code Clone doesn't seem to
>> actually be used, but Params::Util is an issue). I've emailed Adam
>> incase there is a Pure Perl solution/work around to this.
>
> Adam has got back to me already, Params::Util does have a Pure Perl
> option but it contained a bug. I was able to fix it a supply a patch,
> Adam took it further and wrote some tests to stop it from happening
> again. There is now a new version on it's way to CPAN :)
>

> Hopefully an Email::Stuff update with Clone removed will follow suit
> and this module will be a viable option.

This didn't seem to be progressing much, so I got in touch with the Perl
Email Project http://emailproject.perl.org/
I've submitted a patch to Email::Stuff to fix the Clone dependency and
also fix another big issue this module had with not forming single part
or multipart/alternative emails properly. I also provided some new tests
to check for this in the future.

Looks like the changes should be in CPAN within the next 48hrs :)

Lyle