[cgiapp] Runmodes always being called twice

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Wed Feb 4 13:22:27 EST 2009

kropotkin wrote:
> I have a form post to a url. The 'runmode' is passed as a form field. The
> 'instance script' is called and it instantiates its class. The
> subroutine/runmode is called. Twice.
>
> Do any obvious causes occur to anyone?

The only obvious cause would be a browser that issues the same request twice.
I've seen this happen with FF and the web developer tools in the past, where
it would issue one POST (the legitimate request), and one GET (not legitimate).

Do you see two requests in the access log as well?

If that's not it, then we'd need to know more details about your infrastructure:

* how is a request dispatched to your instance script?
* what's the code in your instance script?
* what's the code in your application classes?
* what's your infrastructure? (browser, web server, maybe OS)

If that doesn't pop up any clues, try reducing it to a minimal test, and post
the details for that.

Rhesa