re[cgiapp] quest_method always returns GET. mor_rewrite problem

kropotkin enquiries at mms-oxford.com
Mon Feb 2 11:19:04 EST 2009

Hi

I have a run mode. I call it with a GET. It returns its output which is html
from a template. The template contains a form with the method attribute set
to POST like so: <form action="/cart/register/" method="post" name="main">.

But the ENV(REQUEST_METHOD) is set to GET when the form is POSTED. I think
this must be because I have a mod_rewrite rule which maps /cart/register to
/cart.cgi?rm=register. Does mod_rewite convert a POST to a GET request? How
could I avoid this?

Thanks

Justin