[cgiapp] Best email module?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:04:09 EST 2009

From: "Michael Peters" <mpeters at plusthree.com>
> Stewart Heckenberg wrote:
>> I like MIME::Lite -- has a very simple attachment interface :)
>
> MIME::Lite is what I've used in the past, although the Perl Email folks
> don't recommend it. Apparently it's very crufty on the insides. I think
> they recommend Email::MIME instead.

Email::MIME is in alpha version yet, although it could work fine.
Email::Lite is too low level and it requires too much coding for a complex
email message.

Mail::Builder::Simple is easier to use for sending complex email messages,
with attachments, inline images, or create the message body or the
attachments using Template-Toolkit or HTML::Template. It also automaticly
encodes the message body and the headers to UTF-8 so they can contain
non-english chars.
It uses Email::Send for sending email, so it doesn't have the bugs of some
Mail::* modules.

Octavian