[cgiapp] Re: Form validation "best practices"

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Jan 26 22:29:00 EST 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:56:30 +0100
Cosimo Streppone <cosimo at streppone.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> any suggestions about the best practices, most used modules,
> cgi-app plugins for generic form validation?
>
> So far, I looked at:
>
>   - Form::Processor
>   - Data::FormValidator
>   - FormValidator::Simple (and C::A::FV::S)

I use Data::FormValidator. It generally works very well for me, but for the
benefit of new users, I which it was simpler, and some of the duplicate ways to
do things were removed or simplified, such as "constraints" vs.
"constraint_methods" and routines which untaint vs. those that don't. It also
never should gotten into the  business of message presentation, which it begins
to. That area is extendable with callbacks now, but still awkward.

So, it's stable, reliable, well-documented, well-tested and frequently used at
this point, but it could stand to be rewritten to be simpler in a few ways.

http://mark.stosberg.com/blog