[cgiapp] getting C::A::Dispatch to ignore certain URLs

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Sun Jan 25 11:50:08 EST 2009

P Kishor wrote:
> How can I make C::A::Dispatch ignore URLs that
> point to anything in the <server>/img/ directory?

Let's try re-phrasing that question... How do I make my webserver not call C::A::Dispatch for
anything under /img?

Even if Dispatch had a way of ignoring certain urls, what would it do? Exit? What does that
accomplish? The webserver itself needs to serve that content and since Dispatch runs under lots of
different web servers there's no way for it to tell that server that it has decided it now doesn't
want to handle that object after the server has passed control over to Dispatch.

The webserver needs to make the decision as to whether or not Dispatch should serve it, not Dispatch.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP