[cgiapp] questions about C::A::Server

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Sun Jan 18 14:40:37 EST 2009

I'm experimenting with moving Smolder over to C::A::Server (to remove the dependency on Apache and
make it CPANable and thus easier to package for distributions). Things are going ok so far, but I
have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to control the HTTP response codes? I used to send a 401 response along with the
"forbidden" page when someone tried to access something they shouldn't. I'd like to continue that if
possible.

2) C::A::P::Stream seems to have issues when run under C::A::Server. It seems that the HTTP headers
it's trying to set are being interpreted as being part of the file. So I loose the content-type
header and my file is corrupted.

3) It prints to the screen a lot of information, that while useful for developing, I will eventually
want to turn off for distribution. I'm planning on daemonizing it, so I guess I could just redirect
that output, but that's what I was planning on doing for the error log, and having all those urls,
etc in the error log would be a bit much since they aren't errors.

Thoughts?
--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP