[cgiapp] How do I implement this pattern: Resume interrupted POST after login

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Tue Dec 2 10:58:00 EST 2008

Mike Tonks wrote:
> How about a javascript timer to take them back to the login form when they
> time out, avoiding the problem of them filling in the form with an expired
> session?

Another option, if you're using Ajax, is to detect the timeout on the client side (in Javascript)
and if they are timed out, show a pop up window asking for their login credentials that then get's
forwarded to the appropriate authentication service and they get their cookies updates, etc. Then
when that's all done successfully have the browser submit the form. Might be more work than you're
wanting to do, but will provide a better user experience imo.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP