[cgiapp] Testing harness for non-CGI::App code

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Wed Nov 26 15:39:22 EST 2008

Hi Michael

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 09:12 -0500, Michael Peters wrote:
> Ron Savage wrote:
>
> > Is Test::WWW::Mechanize the most appropriate harness for testing CGI
> > (but not CGI::Application) code?
>
> I love T::W::M (used with Test::HTML::Content). But why limit yourself to just normal CGI and not
> CGI::Application code? IMO it's not only important to test the C::A code, but also the environment
> you're running it in. If you run your tests just via the module but your application runs under
> Apache, then there will be bugs that your tests don't catch.

Thanx.

And...

Why limit myself!?

Well, I did not say but I'm investigating tools to test my re-write of
CGI::Uploader, which is a stand-alone module, and has nothing to do with
CGI::Application, although of course it could be used in a
CGI::App-based app.

Unfinished docs here: http://savage.net.au/Up.html

As for Test::HTML::Content, damn!

Now I have to learn yet /another/ module's idiosyncracies :-)).

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html