[cgiapp] Re: Problem with Flash, Session & persistent environment identified

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Nov 21 13:02:41 EST 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:09:24 +0000
Richard Jones <ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> Richard Jones wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > Then, bringing back all the plugins that Titanium uses one by one until
> > it broke again, CAP::ErrorPage is the one responsible. Presumably there
> > is something in there that causes the session to be retained in a
> > persistent env?
>
> Just found another one: CAP::DebugScreen

Is there a way we could better update the documenation around these issues?

For example I see now that "DebugScreen" does not document that it registers a
global "DIE" signal handler.

Even though it's only meant to run in development that does seem worth
alerting people about.

I also wonder about the benefits and drawbacks of converting DebugScreen
to use error_mode().... it would be able to catch fewer errors in that case,
bout would avoid the global DIE signal handler.