[cgiapp] CAP::Authentication not working properly with CAP::Session

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 04:28:41 EST 2008

Ron Savage wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> One thing to investigate:
>
> http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=17299
>
> See the comment I added on Mon Oct 27 01:10:00 2008.

Hi Ron,

Yes, lots of info there about unreliable flushing. What happened to
cause this? Those reports were initially filed with the change from 3.95
to 4.x nearly 3 years ago. It's still a feature in 4.20. It's
frustrating to see a major component like session handling suddenly
start misbehaving and not being able to track down the cause.

If you're passing sid's in your form you're presumably not using
cookies, whereas I do, so that might suggest the problem is not related
to the manner in which the session id is passed.

I did some tests with a barebones setup, and though not conclusive I
found that if I used $dbh directly for the authen and session configs
the session was created/updated, but if I used $self->dbh it was not.
But I can't reproduce that in my current app, so not sure how relevant
it is. For now I've put a call to session->flush in teardown and all
seems OK, though not tested under mod_perl yet.
--
Richard Jones