[cgiapp] CGI::Application + javascript + http server + icons

Arsen Hayrapetyan ahairape at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 07:47:11 EST 2008

Hello,

I have an instance script (app.cgi) and corresponding application module
(App.pm) in *cgi-bin/*. For my application I also use HTML templates,
located in *cgi-bin/Templates/*.
One of templates (s01.html, for start mode) has lot of javascript in it,
which I have isolated in a.js file, kept in *htdocs/ *(Apache server root)
directory. In a.js javascript file I use some icons (various types of
bullets), which are stored in *htdocs/app-images/* directory.
I refer to *bullet.gif* file in js code as to *app_images/bullet.gif*

When I am running my application, it does not see the image files. Firefox
plugin shows that the following file is requested: *
URL_base/cgi-bin/app-images/bullet.gif*
I.e., my application sees *cgi-bin* instead of *htdocs*.

I tried also other ways of referring to the image files in js code, such as:
*/app-images/bullet.gif*,* htdocs/app-images/bullet.gif*, but none of them
worked.
Putting the images under *cgi-bin* (bad idea by itself) didn't work also, as
httpd server recognised the image files as scripts and tried to execute
them.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance,
Arsen.

P.S. Inadvertently sent this e-mail to cgiapp-request, sorry.